HomeCultureLagos governor calls for DSS involvement in Mohbad’s death probe

Lagos governor calls for DSS involvement in Mohbad’s death probe

Published on

The Lagos State Government has expressed its condolences to the family and fans of late singer Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad, who died last week at the age of 27.

The state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has also invited the Department of Security Services (DSS) to join the police special investigative team in probing the circumstances surrounding the death of the former Marlian Records signee.

According to a statement by the state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso, on Tuesday, the governor has directed that anyone who may have played any role in Mohbad’s death be brought to justice after a thorough investigation.

The statement said that the DSS was invited to widen the dragnet with inter-agency collaboration and use of best-in-class technology to unearth the truth.

“Mohbad was a talented and promising young man who made a name for himself in a highly competitive industry. May the Almighty grant his soul rest and comfort his bereaved family and fans,” the statement read.

Mohbad, who was known for his hit songs such as “Koma Jensun”, “Ponmo Sweet” and “Sorry”, died on September 12 after he was rushed to a hospital following a suspected drug overdose.

His death sparked outrage and grief among his fans and fellow musicians, who called for a proper investigation and an end to drug abuse in the entertainment industry.

Some of his colleagues, such as Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile and Davido, paid tribute to him on social media and expressed their shock and sadness over his demise.

The management of Mohbad announced a candlelight procession and tribute night for the late artiste on Monday night, inviting his fans to join them in honouring his memory.

The state government urged anyone who may have vital information that may assist the investigation process to avail the investigating team of such, while assuring them of confidentiality and protection.

The government also appealed to the public to be mindful of the dangers of drug abuse and addiction, and to seek help from appropriate authorities if they are struggling with substance abuse.

The government said it was committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all residents of Lagos State, especially the youths who are the future of the nation.

Source: PUNCH

Latest articles

Sterling Financial Completes Share Allotment

Sterling Financial share allotment proceeds after oversubscribed N7.00 public offer draws N117.88 billion in investor demand.

Dangote Commits N1.5 Billion to Bayero University Postgraduate

Dangote Graduate Business Scholarship will provide N1.5 billion in tuition support to MBA and management students at Bayero University Kano.

Tinubu Order May Add N14.6 Trillion to Federation Account

Executive order may add N14.57 trillion to the Federation Account as oil and gas revenues are redirected from PIA deductions.

South-East Resume Monday Trade After Sit-at-Home Ban

Monday sit-at-home ban sparks gradual return of trade and transport in South-East Nigeria, with confidence improving but patronage still subdued.

More like this

Sterling Financial Completes Share Allotment

Sterling Financial share allotment proceeds after oversubscribed N7.00 public offer draws N117.88 billion in investor demand.

Dangote Commits N1.5 Billion to Bayero University Postgraduate

Dangote Graduate Business Scholarship will provide N1.5 billion in tuition support to MBA and management students at Bayero University Kano.

Tinubu Order May Add N14.6 Trillion to Federation Account

Executive order may add N14.57 trillion to the Federation Account as oil and gas revenues are redirected from PIA deductions.