HomeNews: FG Approves NYSC Mobilisation for Full-Time HND Graduates

: FG Approves NYSC Mobilisation for Full-Time HND Graduates

Published on


Key Points


  • Full-time HND graduates can now be mobilised for NYSC, resolving a long-standing issue.
  • Part-time HND graduates will not be mobilised.
  • A new portal has been created to streamline the process.

The Nigerian government has approved the mobilisation of all full-time Higher National Diploma (HND) graduates for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).

This decision ends a long-standing issue. It was announced by the Minister of Education, Dr. Tunji Alausa, on Thursday.

Who is eligible?

Dr. Alausa explained that only full-time HND graduates can be mobilised for NYSC. After speaking with the Director-General of NYSC, he confirmed that part-time HND graduates would not be included.

This is a significant win for full-time HND graduates, who were previously left out of the NYSC programme.

The minister also emphasized that the Federal Ministry of Education is dedicated to fairness, equity, and inclusivity in Nigeria’s education system.

To make the process easier, the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) has been instructed to quickly collect data for eligible HND graduates. A new portal has been created for polytechnics to upload the required information.

New portal for smooth mobilisation

Dr. Alausa said the new portal would help track the data of full-time HND graduates. It will also act as an official database for the NYSC process, addressing past issues with admission records.

The minister urged all eligible graduates to use the portal and complete their mobilisation without delay.

He also reminded them that part-time HND graduates will not be mobilised. The government is focused on providing equal opportunities for all qualified graduates and making sure they contribute to Nigeria’s national development through the NYSC.

SourceVanguard

Latest articles

MTN Agrees $6.2 Billion Deal to Buy IHS Holding

MTN IHS acquisition in a $6.2 billion all-cash deal would delist the tower operator and reshape Africa’s digital infrastructure landscape.

Coleman Seeks N50 Billion in Commercial Paper For Expansion

Coleman commercial paper issuance of N50 billion will fund expansion and fibre optics growth as the Nigerian cable maker returns to debt markets.

Dangote Predicts Naira Could Strengthen to N1,100 This Year

Dangote says a stronger naira could reach N1,100 per dollar this year as import controls and domestic production reshape Nigeria’s currency outlook.

CJN Warns Against Corruption Blanket Allegations

CJN cautions against blanket corruption allegations, insisting claims must be evidence-based as 14 new Federal High Court judges take oath.

More like this

MTN Agrees $6.2 Billion Deal to Buy IHS Holding

MTN IHS acquisition in a $6.2 billion all-cash deal would delist the tower operator and reshape Africa’s digital infrastructure landscape.

Coleman Seeks N50 Billion in Commercial Paper For Expansion

Coleman commercial paper issuance of N50 billion will fund expansion and fibre optics growth as the Nigerian cable maker returns to debt markets.

Dangote Predicts Naira Could Strengthen to N1,100 This Year

Dangote says a stronger naira could reach N1,100 per dollar this year as import controls and domestic production reshape Nigeria’s currency outlook.