KEY POINTS
INEC says vote buying will not be tolerated in the February 21 FCT council elections.
Over 1.6 million voters, 570 candidates and thousands of observers will participate.
Anti-corruption agencies and security forces will be deployed to ensure credible and peaceful polls.
The chairman...
KEY POINTS
JAMB says registration for the 2026 UTME will close February 26 with no extension.
Over 1.5 million candidates have registered so far, though centres are underused.
Candidates must obtain e-PINs early and complete registration before deadlines to avoid disqualification.
The Joint Admissions and...
The US will share intelligence and deepen security cooperation with Nigeria after the Kebbi and Niger school abductions, as hundreds of children remain missing today.
Nigeria’s SEC urges stronger, proactive compliance after the country’s FATF Grey List exit, warning that global institutions will closely monitor whether reforms remain sustainable.
The DSS release order frees a detainee held since 2022 and expands a new accountability drive reshaping detention practices under the agency’s leadership.
Lawmakers conclude the final Nigeria constitution review retreat, setting the stage for historic voting in state assemblies on far-reaching amendments before year-end.
Nigeria plans to open a completed stretch of the Lagos-Calabar coastal highway in December as construction advances across key segments of the massive project.
Paystack co-founder Ezra Olubi says he was dismissed unfairly, sparking debate and raising governance questions across Nigeria’s fast-growing tech ecosystem.
Oby Ezekwesili warns that Nigeria’s recurring student abductions reflect the corruption impact on weakened state institutions, arguing that persistent failures have fueled worsening insecurity
President Tinubu redeploys 100,000 police to boost community security as military intensifies operations to rescue abducted schoolchildren in Niger and Kwara states.
Thirty eight worshippers abducted during a church service in Kwara have regained freedom, with officials crediting the release to coordinated efforts led by President Tinubu.